Kailash Mansarovar Yatra, a spiritual and life changing journey can be accomplished via Kerung Gadi overland. It is a great choice for those pilgrims who enjoy scenic drive over Tibetan plateau and want to explore two sacred sites Mt. Kailash and Lake Mansarovar at affordable cost. This tour is less expensive than tour by helicopter and it is affordable to many. Kailash Mansarovar Yatra via kerung gadi overland makes the difficult and challenging terrains of Kailash Mansarovar accessible with modern road system and transportation facilities at Nepal as well as Tibet.
Kailash Mansarovar Yatra is named after two holy, spiritual and religiously significant sites: Mt. Kailash and Lake Mansarovar. Mt. Kailash (6,638m), familiar to Hindus as Kailash Parvat is the most sacred mountain of Asia. Hindus believe that the mountain is the abode of Lord Shiva and his family. Not only Hindus, the mountain is sacred to Buddhist, Jain and Bonpo religions as well. Buddhists believe that Mt. Kailash is the home of Buddha Demchok and Bon, a religion in Tibet believe that the mountain is the seat of all spiritual power. In Jainism, the site is the nearby place where the first Jain prophet Rishabhadeva attained Nirvana (liberation). Circumambulating the mountain (parikrama) on foot, an ancient ritual of devotion is still practiced by pilgrims with a faith that it will bring good fortune in one’s life. Hindus and Buddhists believe circumambulating the mountain in clockwise direction whereas Jain and Bonpo religions followers believe in other way around i.e. anticlockwise. Another major highlight of this yatra (journey) is Lake Mansarovar, the highest freshwater lake in the world (4500m). Pilgrims believe that drinking water from the lake or taking dip or bath in the lake will wash away all their sins.
Join our package for Kailash Mansarovar Tour by Overland of 14 days. Our tour begins with Kathmandu sightseeing and then we take a long scenic drive of several days to reach Lake Mansarovar admiring Tibetan landscape and enjoying natural views on our way. After exploring the lake and performing puja or holy bath, we take a drive to Yama Dwar from where we start parikrama. This is an amazing tour at affordable cost and also suitable for those with limited time schedule. Check our itinerary to know the details of this tour.
Required Documents for Kailash Yatra Booking
- Passport valid for at least 6 months
- Medical report certified by doctors
- Scan Passport Xerox copy should be reached Satyam Head office, Kathmandu prior 25 Days.
- Original passport should be reached 7 days prior to the yatra at Delhi Office
Mode of Payments
- 25% of the total cost should be paid for booking the yatra
- 50% of the total cost should reach Satyam Tours &Travels account before 21 days of departure date by telex transfer with passport of client.
- And full payment should be made before 10 Days of departure date to Kailash Mansarover Yatra
Tour Cancellation Policy
- All notice of cancellation must be sent to our office in written
- Verbal cancellations will not be entertained
- 30 days before yatra departure date, 25% of total yatra cost will be deducted
- 15 days before yatra departure date, 50% of total trip cost will be deducted
- There will be no refund at all if you cancel the yatra less than 15 days before the departure date