Located in the remote part of western Tibet, Mt. Kailash and Lake Mansarovar are considered two of the most significant spiritual sites in the world. Primarily, the yatra is known for two things: circumbulation of Mt. Kailash and taking a holy dip in the sacred waters of Lake Mansarovar. These two acts are believed to bring salvation to pilgrims and wash off their sins.
Standing at 21,778ft, the dome-shaped, snow-capped rockof Mount Kailash holds special place of reverence for millions. Hindus, Buddhists, Jains and Bon consider Mt. Kailash a sacred place, and have their own religious significance for the site. According to Hindu belief, Lord Shiva, along with his wife Parvati, reside atop the mountain in a state of perpetual meditation. For Tibetan Buddhists, Mount Kailash is the home of Buddha Demchok, who represents supreme bliss. As per Jainism, this is the site where their first prophet,Rishabhadeva, attained enlightenment. The ancient religion of Bon considers the entire region as a seat of all spiritual power.
About 20 kilometers away from Mt. Kailash lies the sacred Mansarovar lake in all its blue and emerald green glory. Situated at an altitude of 4,590 meters (15,060Â ft), the lake is considered an embodiment of purity, and drinking water from the lake is believed to cleanse off all mortal sins of a hundred lifetimes.
Our Yatra begins at the ancient city of Kathmandu, where you will spend your arrival day. A domestic flight from Kathmandu will take you to Nepalgunj, followed by a next morning flight to Simikot. We will then charter a helicopter to Hilsa, and stay overnight at Purang in Tibet. A drive to Lake Mansarovar follows the day after, where we will take ritual bath and circumbulate the lake on vehicle. Next up, we will head for Mount Kailash via Darchen and start our trek around the mountain from Yama Dwar. We trek along passing through places like Deraphuk, Dolma La Pass (5600m), Gauri Kunda lake, Zuthulphuk, and finally reaching back to Darchen. After that we will retrace our route back to Kathmandu via the usual route through Purang/Hilsa.
This Yatra is more than just visiting some place of natural beauty. It could be a life changing epiphany and a revelation into the heart and mind of self. This trip will take you amidst a rugged and desolate country of Tibetan plateau, while at the same time providing you an opportunity to pay homage to your spiritual and religious side. So get ready for the ultimate spiritual experience at the backdrop of some of the most stunning vistas of Trans Himalayan Tibet.
Required Documents for Kailash Yatra Booking
- Passport valid for at least 6 months
- Medical report certified by doctors
- Scan Passport Xerox copy should be reached Satyam Head office, Kathmandu prior 25 Days.
- Original passport should be reached 7 days prior to the yatra at Delhi Office
Mode of Payments
- 25% of the total cost should be paid for booking the yatra
- 50% of the total cost should reach Satyam Tours & Travels account before 21 days of departure date by telex transfer with passport of client.
- And full payment should be made before 10 Days of departure date to Kailash Mansarover Yatra
Tour Cancellation Policy
- All notice of cancellation must be sent to our office in written
- Verbal cancellations will not be entertained
- 30 days before yatra departure date, 25% of total yatra cost will be deducted
- 15 days before yatra departure date, 50% of total trip cost will be deducted
There will be no refund at all if you cancel the yatra less than 15 days before the departure date